Saturday, July 22, 2006

While I've been away...

Israel went to war with Hezbolla.

I had a good reason to be gone. My grandmother died on the 4th of July. I'm saying that just as an explanation for why I was away. I could talk about her and the funeral and seeing all my relatives for pages and pages but I won't.

Just this one observation: Grandma was difficult, but well loved.

What I wanted to post about: It's weird being off-line.

My father has dial-up. It works well enough for him for e-mail and mailing lists and besides, I'm not sure anything faster is available. While I was visiting I didn't even try to get on-line. I saw a little bit of the news so I knew what was happening in the world but the connection was missing, the discussion, the *processing* that comes with living on-line.

Now, I *can* talk politics with my parents, which is probably unusual in the grand scheme of things, so that helped a little bit. But still... being off-line is weird.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cappy said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. My mom passed away last year. Also, thanks for the comments on neo-neocon's blog.

7:15 PM  
Blogger Ymarsakar said...

CDR Salamander had a post about his Xen period. A time without any news internet etc.

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home