Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Albuquerque Botanical Garden

My husband and I went to see the Japanese Tea Garden today for the cherry blossoms.  I think that they would probably have been better a week ago.  The flowering apple trees were amazing though.  And the tulips were very nice.


This might be a cherry tree.  I didn't check.  It's probably
an ornamental apple.

The red blossoms are undoubtedly a flowering crab apple.
I'm told the stone boxes are called Tōrō or Dōrō.

There were huge numbers of huge koi in the pond.
This one wasn't so big, but it was pretty.

I think that the orange flowers are quince.  There is
a Canada goose there by the little house (hokora).

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Lem said...

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing it with us.

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home