I just finished reading the latest paperback from Suzanne Brockmann. _Dark of Night_. I'm disappointed and that's a sad thing because I've absolutely loved her series of romances about SEAL team 16 and the Troubleshooters. Aparently I'm not alone. My complaint isn't the same as most of the others... I'm great with Sophia and Dave. I even am okay with Tracey being people smart. She and Decker did seem to come out of left field. I thought Decker was great even if I thought his overwhelming conflict was pretty lame. What I didn't care for was the politics. I read for escapism, for studly dangerous men acting like men, for sex, and adventure with guns, where our military are the good guys and the SEALs are supermen and military contractor's are heroes, too. (I wonder if Ms. Brockmann realizes that the Troubleshooters ARE Blackwater?) I do not read sexy action adventure to be presented with a *cause*. It's small things but they don...
Science fiction, politics, cartoons, and whatever I want to talk about. With chickens!
Comments
Oh, okay. Not everyone is a kung fu junkie I suppose. And our differences make the world a more interesting place. ;-)
There's always that delicate balance between style and efficiency. Lawfare, for example, is a style and is the system by which a style is maintained. That style being self-deterministic and totally arbitrary. Efficiency, however, deals completely and only with the facts on the ground and with the situation as both what it is and what you want it to be.
I thought you meant the movie!!
I'll see if I can find a new one that works.
We liked it!
I thought the American kid did a very good job as well, despite the complaining about him. I think he was cast because he *can* do martial arts and not because he's a great actor but I thought his acting was fine.
Sparrow was great.
Jackie Chan and Jet Li were wonderful, as always. I didn't recognize their alter-egos at first and didn't know the one character was Jackie until the end. And I didn't see the "twist" coming at with the Monkey King even though it was established quite well before hand.