Skip to main content

My Second Amendment Rights




Comments

KCFleming said…
Double plus good!!
Lem Vibe Bandit said…
Good for you Synova.
cf said…
Shoot! (um, I guess that should be "Darn!") I am late to the party. I better get movin on this myself. congratulations :^)
virgil xenophon said…
Now start laying in "mass quantities" of ammo before the Obammasiah and/or his minions at the local and/or State level tax it out of reach--plus a good home defense shotgun and a smaller "carry" "parking-lot" gun (what you need to get you safely to your car late at night coming out of the concert/theater Some are as small as 31/2 inches and will take .22 magnum cartridges--enough to blow the guy's throat out at close range)
Big Mike said…
I hate to say it, but it looks to me as though the grip is a little wide for your hand. Were you able to borrow a PPQ and check it on the range?

Is that the 9mm version or the .40?

I hope you get a laser site for the Picatinny rail under the barrel. That would turn it from "awesome" into "truly awesome."
Big Mike said…
Oops. You did say it was a 9mm, didn't you.
Blast away in good health.
Synova said…
Big Mike, I changed to the small back strap. It's got the medium one in the picture.

To be honest, the small one isn't that much smaller. I might change it back again to see if the shape of the medium back strap makes it more comfortable to hold higher on the grip.

My hands are just freakishly small.
Synova said…
And thanks everyone for checking out the picture. I wanted to show it off a little bit. Not everyone "gets" Oh, wow, look, I got a gun!
Big Mike said…
My own hands are really big, so I have the opposite problem with some handguns having a grip that's uncomfortably small (it's Hell for me buying gloves, too). If you have someone teach you the Weaver grip (don't bother with YouTube videos, pay a real instructor) that will help alleviate things. The isosceles is also a good two-hand grip, but it squares up your body towards your target, which is sort of suboptimal if your target is shooting at you.

Popular posts from this blog

Tyranny.gov vs Tyranny.com

Compulsion is Compulsion, no matter who does it.  This is Brilliant Theft is Theft, no matter who does it. Freedom of Association has no room in it for *private* action   that takes that away Freedom of Association. If I have a business and have voluntary associations such that I choose to serve some people and to not serve others, that might make me a jerk and it might lose me business, it might make me smart and it might gain me business, but it's got to be my choice.  If I would normally serve the current disliked minority in my shop except for the fact that if I'm SEEN to serve them by the wrong people I'll have a private campaign against me as those people do everything possible to ruin me by preventing me from doing business physically or by attacking my customers or suppliers, then I am NOT free to make those choices. Does it really make a difference to losing my CHOICE to voluntarily associate if there's a law that says I may not serve "those people" o...

How Suzanne Brockman lost me.

I just finished reading the latest paperback from Suzanne Brockmann. _Dark of Night_. I'm disappointed and that's a sad thing because I've absolutely loved her series of romances about SEAL team 16 and the Troubleshooters. Aparently I'm not alone. My complaint isn't the same as most of the others... I'm great with Sophia and Dave. I even am okay with Tracey being people smart. She and Decker did seem to come out of left field. I thought Decker was great even if I thought his overwhelming conflict was pretty lame. What I didn't care for was the politics. I read for escapism, for studly dangerous men acting like men, for sex, and adventure with guns, where our military are the good guys and the SEALs are supermen and military contractor's are heroes, too. (I wonder if Ms. Brockmann realizes that the Troubleshooters ARE Blackwater?) I do not read sexy action adventure to be presented with a *cause*. It's small things but they don...

The Shooter

I just watched the DVD. When I saw trailers for this I wanted to see it. It's the sort of movie that I usually enjoy. It wasn't bad. In fact it was pretty good in some ways and the annoying bits weren't too hard to ignore. The end was sort of bad. Not the choices that I'd make. It took conspiracy a bit too far, away from conspiracy to "this is the way the world works." It *should* have been enough to expose the Senator and his fellows. Where was the press in this? The idea wasn't too bad. The speech his spotter's widow gave about her dead husband's choices was good. (Though why she'd go back to using her maiden name I can't imagine.) Among all those willing to look the other way were several people who were... righteous. But overall it wasn't a "conspiracy" movie. There wasn't a "conspiracy" there was only finding out the "truth" of reality. In this world president Bush re...