I moved my Phals to this north-east facing window and got a regular 4 tube fluorescent light about a year ago or so. They don't get enough humidity and I frequently forget to water them and they all need to be repotted, but the combination of the artificial light, the window, and the fluctuations in temperature at night have triggered bloom stems on all of them. I have one with yellow flowers that has buds that haven't opened yet. I find that I'm more apt to kill the yellow phals than the pink ones. The lights have been raised about six inches because the bloom stems were growing into them. I turned the plants to take pictures because all the flowers face the window.
I just finished reading the latest paperback from Suzanne Brockmann. _Dark of Night_. I'm disappointed and that's a sad thing because I've absolutely loved her series of romances about SEAL team 16 and the Troubleshooters. Aparently I'm not alone. My complaint isn't the same as most of the others... I'm great with Sophia and Dave. I even am okay with Tracey being people smart. She and Decker did seem to come out of left field. I thought Decker was great even if I thought his overwhelming conflict was pretty lame. What I didn't care for was the politics. I read for escapism, for studly dangerous men acting like men, for sex, and adventure with guns, where our military are the good guys and the SEALs are supermen and military contractor's are heroes, too. (I wonder if Ms. Brockmann realizes that the Troubleshooters ARE Blackwater?) I do not read sexy action adventure to be presented with a *cause*. It's small things but they don...
Comments
In addition to posting on anything you wish, as you desire - particularly like these great orchid pics - you may of course mirror any other posts you've already written from here or elsewhere to gain a different or additional audience or for any other reason that appeals to you.
If you think you might be interested, contact me through Alexandria and I'll forward our formal invitations for you to look over and return if you decide to proceed.
Come contribute your perspectives and opinions to the ongoing conversations there or, even better, start some new - and different - ones of your own.
I look forward to hearing from you.
H. M. Stuart
Alexandria