Skip to main content

Tossing Hitler Around Like Candy

 


We're told, these last few days, that a person should lose their job for making a comparison between current events and the Holocaust. That doing so is anti-Semitic.  That it's hateful.

Multitudes of people have pointed to what Ben Shapiro calls "overwrought holocaust memes" that were posted by multitudes of people on the left political spectrum without any consequences all all.  Worst, they might be told that it makes light of the horror of the holocaust.  But that's the worst of it.  You don't lose your job or get accused of hate or racism.

So lately when Gina Carano shared a post about how regular folks, even children, were encouraged to go after Jews, to hate, harass and beat them, and that without encouraging and accepting this the conditions where soldiers could come around and round up people would have never happened, it's suddenly oh so far beyond acceptable.

Why?

Because she was perceived to have been pointing out the acceptance and encouragement, even moral mandate, for people on the left to turn on and despise their neighbors.  She implied that the LEFT were the Nazis.

And that, my friend, is enough to get you fired.

Comments

Linda Fox said…
I happen to agree with Gina - the Left DOES act like Little Fascists.

Go ahead and come after me - I blog at www.libertystorch.info

No cursing in the comments, please. It's a nice little blog.
Synova said…
Thanks!

And they really do act like fascists. But they don't IDENTIFY as fascists, so it doesn't count. Or something. :/
I Migliori said…
Interesting thoughts, I really enjoyed your blog.

Popular posts from this blog

Tyranny.gov vs Tyranny.com

Compulsion is Compulsion, no matter who does it.  This is Brilliant Theft is Theft, no matter who does it. Freedom of Association has no room in it for *private* action   that takes that away Freedom of Association. If I have a business and have voluntary associations such that I choose to serve some people and to not serve others, that might make me a jerk and it might lose me business, it might make me smart and it might gain me business, but it's got to be my choice.  If I would normally serve the current disliked minority in my shop except for the fact that if I'm SEEN to serve them by the wrong people I'll have a private campaign against me as those people do everything possible to ruin me by preventing me from doing business physically or by attacking my customers or suppliers, then I am NOT free to make those choices. Does it really make a difference to losing my CHOICE to voluntarily associate if there's a law that says I may not serve "those people" o...

How Suzanne Brockman lost me.

I just finished reading the latest paperback from Suzanne Brockmann. _Dark of Night_. I'm disappointed and that's a sad thing because I've absolutely loved her series of romances about SEAL team 16 and the Troubleshooters. Aparently I'm not alone. My complaint isn't the same as most of the others... I'm great with Sophia and Dave. I even am okay with Tracey being people smart. She and Decker did seem to come out of left field. I thought Decker was great even if I thought his overwhelming conflict was pretty lame. What I didn't care for was the politics. I read for escapism, for studly dangerous men acting like men, for sex, and adventure with guns, where our military are the good guys and the SEALs are supermen and military contractor's are heroes, too. (I wonder if Ms. Brockmann realizes that the Troubleshooters ARE Blackwater?) I do not read sexy action adventure to be presented with a *cause*. It's small things but they don...

The Shooter

I just watched the DVD. When I saw trailers for this I wanted to see it. It's the sort of movie that I usually enjoy. It wasn't bad. In fact it was pretty good in some ways and the annoying bits weren't too hard to ignore. The end was sort of bad. Not the choices that I'd make. It took conspiracy a bit too far, away from conspiracy to "this is the way the world works." It *should* have been enough to expose the Senator and his fellows. Where was the press in this? The idea wasn't too bad. The speech his spotter's widow gave about her dead husband's choices was good. (Though why she'd go back to using her maiden name I can't imagine.) Among all those willing to look the other way were several people who were... righteous. But overall it wasn't a "conspiracy" movie. There wasn't a "conspiracy" there was only finding out the "truth" of reality. In this world president Bush re...